I wrote a blog post about Lookupbook Publishing earlier this year. We first became aware of them when we were retained by a client with a handyman business listed as a bakery in lookupbook.com. The company was unresponsive to us as we tried to resolve the issue. To solve the problem, we created a campaign and got positive and accurate listings for his business ahead of the erroneous Lookupbook.com listing in the search results.
Several readers have researched and highlighted significant issues with lookupbook.com the company and posted comments with specific references. I’m going to focus on the remedies available and what you can do to correct incorrect internet listings for your company.
Five steps to getting your internet listing under control:
- Set your expectations. This may not be a quick fix, so the sooner you get started the sooner you’ll get the kind of internet listings you want. Depending on the issue you’re attempting to correct, it will take at least 30 days to address and more likely 90 days.
- Move the incorrect listing off the first page. If your challenge is an incorrect listing, only about 5% of Google searchers ever go beyond the first page of search results. Therefore, your goal is to push the incorrect listing off of the first page for a specific search term. For example, “handyman Seattle” or “finish carpenter Bellingham”.
- Engage your customer to be your advocates. Encourage them to share their experience about doing business with you. Whether its Google Places, Bing, Yahoo, Yelp, etc. make sure you have listings with the top search engines and the major business directories where customers can leave positive reviews and praise about your business. Implement business processes to instruct and encourage your customers to leave positive reviews online where you benefit the most.
- Keep your eyes open for future problems. Using Google Alerts is a free and very effective way of tracking internet activity about your business, your brands, and your name. Knowing what’s out there is the first step in protecting and managing your internet reputation for your business.
- Get help. We provide customized solutions to the problem, and there are numerous others who can help you with the problem. Don’t delay. Get started and take action now.